Carl Honoré’s Slow Adventures: Enjoy Every Moment is a travel guide your children can follow from the comfort of your living room that blends history and mindfulness in a beautiful package with illustrations by Kevin and Kristen Howdeshell.
Take time to connect with the world as you embark on 40 slow-paced adventures. Travel slowly on foot, bike, boat, or train, allowing yourself to take in the history, absorb the landscape, and meet extraordinary people along the way.
Discover more about the world as you . . .
- Slow down with sloths in Tenorio Volcano Park in Costa Rica
- Visit the Great Wall of China
- Roam the Red Rose City of Petra in Jordan
- Bike through Angkor Wat in Cambodia
- Take an epic trip along the Great Ocean Road in Australia
- Sail the Nile
- Paddle through the Galápagos
- Take a Mississippi steamboat
- Shoot for the moon on the Mount Washington Cog Railway
- Experience the Orient Express
- Take the Toy Train to India’s highest railway station
- Get a bird’s-eye view of Rwanda’s Nyungwe Rainforest
- Sea a city in bloom on Amsterdam’s Canal Ring
- Trek the Inca Trail
- Circle Australia’s Uluru
- Walk Rome’s Appian Way
- Encounter komodo dragons in Indonesia
- Feel the force of ice on Norway’s fjords
- Experience the Aloha Spirit of Hawaii on the Kalalau Trail
- . . . and more!
These illustrated journeys through each location are accompanied by text from bestselling author and “Godfather of the Slow Movement” Carl Honoré, and provide young readers with a feast for the senses and food for the soul.