A travel guide from the comfort of your living room that blends history and mindfulness in a beautiful package
Take time to connect with the world as you embark on 40 slow-paced adventures. Travel slowly on foot, bike, boat, or train, allowing yourself to take in the history, absorb the landscape, and meet extraordinary people along the way . . . without leaving your living room!
Discover more about the world as you . . .
- Slow down with sloths in Tenorio Volcano Park in Costa Rica
- Visit the Great Wall of China
- Roam the Red Rose City of Petra in Jordan
- Bike through Angkor Wat in Cambodia
- Take an epic trip along the Great Ocean Road in Australia
- Sail the Nile
- Paddle through the Galápagos
- Take a Mississippi steamboat
- Shoot for the moon on the Mount Washington Cog Railway
- Experience the Orient Express
- Take the Toy Train to India’s highest railway station
- Get a bird’s-eye view of Rwanda’s Nyungwe Rainforest
- Sea a city in bloom on Amsterdam’s Canal Ring
- Trek the Inca Trail
- Circle Australia’s Uluru
- Walk Rome’s Appian Way
- Encounter komodo dragons in Indonesia
- Feel the force of ice on Norway’s fjords
- Experience the Aloha Spirit of Hawaii on the Kalalau Trail
- . . . and more!
These illustrated journeys through each location are accompanied by text from bestselling author and “Godfather of the Slow Movement” Carl Honoré, and provide young readers with a feast for the senses and food for the soul.