Employment at ABRAMS
ABRAMS seeks talented individuals with a strong interest in book publishing. Individuals must be able to take initiative, be a team player and have excellent communications skills, both oral and written. Our professional positions range from editorial, graphic design, sales, marketing and publicity to finance and information technology.
To apply for a position at ABRAMS, please complete the employment application by clicking the following link, https://www.abramsbooks.com/apply
ABRAMS is currently seeking to fill the following positions:
Summary: The Staff Accountant will handle day-to-day bookkeeping and monthly financial reporting.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information.
- Responsible for general ledger reconciliation and monthly closings
- Financial Reporting – Balance Sheet /P&L statement i.e.
- Account analysis, review and recommend adjustments to various accruals/reserves.
- Interact with finance department on monthly reporting/variance analysis/projections
- Journal entries
- Auditing and verifying documents.
- Following internal controls.
- Financial and profitability analysis on a requested basis.
- Special Projects will include: Redesign of financial systems and processes, Assist with annual audits and royalty audits, annual tax return
- Must have an Accounting degree and at least 4 years’ experience.
- Strong Computer Skills.
- Financial System knowledge
- Accuracy in daily work and other projects.
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Adherence to policies, procedures and instructions of Controller.
- Ability to function as a team player