Employment at ABRAMS
ABRAMS seeks talented individuals with a strong interest in book publishing. Individuals must be able to take initiative, be a team player and have excellent communications skills, both oral and written. Our professional positions range from editorial, graphic design, sales, marketing and publicity to finance and information technology.
To apply for a position at ABRAMS, please complete the employment application by clicking the following link, https://www.abramsbooks.com/apply
ABRAMS is currently seeking to fill the following positions:
SUMMARY: The Production Associate will work on a variety of projects including 1-color novels and 4-color graphic novels, as well as assist the department as needed. They will handle all phases of a book’s production from manuscript to bound book.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the print production process for 1-color Amulet and Abrams Press titles from release of files to final books in warehouse
- Development / maintenance of seasonal advance grid
- Analyze costs for spec changes against P&L’s for assigned titles
- Vendor Maintenance
- Communicate daily with both domestic and overseas vendors
- Review vendor status reports to insure accuracy and integrity of product schedules
- Interface with design, editorial and managing editorial departments to ensure that internal schedules are met
- Production Maintenance Skills
- Maintain title schedules in Title Management
- Attend weekly production meetings
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience within a production / product management capacity, with a strong background in 1-color book production
- Knowledge of print production and manufacturing, including: web and offset printing, estimating, scheduling, trafficking and reviewing proofs, prepping and maintaining purchase orders, and ensuring that the project remains on budget and schedule.
- Candidate must be a team player with strong written and verbal communication skills, pay close attention to detail, be well organized, and a proactive problem solver.
SUMMARY: ABRAMS, the preeminent publisher of high-quality art and illustrated books, seeks a dynamic coordinator to support the adult marketing department and administer the front-end of its company website. This position will be responsible for the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate biannual sales conferences, including developing PowerPoint presentations, fact sheets, and producing conference schedule
- Organize marketing meetings; create information packets and recap notes
- Maintain departmental marketing budget
- Manage Edelweiss catalog process
- Create, track, and distribute promotional blowups
- Update marketing and publicity assignments in Title Management system
- Administer front end of company website by updating, maintaining, and editing content, adhering to the site’s style
- Select and process photo spreads and upload to website
- Build landing pages and create entry forms
- Manage digital aspects of cover reveal process
- Metadata/Keyword process support
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in marketing, preferably within the publishing industry
- Thorough knowledge and strong passion for website design, practices, and development
- Experience with marketing design and communications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, WordPress, HTML, InDesign/Photoshop.
- Working knowledge of search engine analytics
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to work well under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong time management skills
- Fast learner, proactive, efficient troubleshooter
SUMMARY: Assist Trade Sales department with all aspects of key account management. Provide support for three sales managers, two of whom work remotely. Day-to-day duties include preparing managers for account sales presentations, completing and sending information to accounts by strict deadlines, tracking orders, and serving as in-house liaison to the out-of-house sales managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support for three Sales Directors responsible for sales to Amazon, Readerlink, BAM, Target, Walmart, Costco, Sam’s, BJ’s, and independent bookstores.
- Assist in sales prep for numerous key accounts above and liaise with different departments to coordinate materials for sales meetings
- Assist in commission rep conference planning twice yearly
- Prepare title information sheets for presentation to accounts and product data sheets for product submission
- Compile sales figures for weekly reports and meetings
- Coordinate mailings to key accounts. Mail catalogs, samples and brochures to promote front-list items to buyers.
- Prepare regular status reports
- Provide departmental support when appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Previous publishing or bookstore experience a plus
- Excellent English oral and written skills
- Excellent Excel skills required, and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be organized, detail oriented with ability to handle multiple projects
- Excellent prioritizing skills and judgment
- Strong interest in working in a fast-paced sales environment