Join archaeologist Raksha Dave on an unforgettable journey back through time as she explores ancient cultures that built sustainable cities, established public hospitals, supported gender equality, and more in Lessons from Our Ancestors: Uncovering Ancient World Wisdom, featuring illustrations by Kimberlie Clinthorne-Wong.
Rediscover the ancient world as you’ve never seen it before and meet:
- The women and children who painted the world’s oldest-known cave art
- Black pharaohs, forgotten from Ancient Egypt’s history
- The Indus civilization who built a sustainable city
- Female warriors who led battles in Ancient China
- Workers who migrated to Machu Picchu
- Peaceful Viking traders
- The African engineers behind Great Zimbabwe
- Indigenous peoples of North America who built cosmopolitan cities and lived in harmony with nature
- and more . . .
Archaeologist and broadcaster Raksha Dave casts a spotlight on forgotten histories and misrepresented stories using 50 objects unearthed during archaeological digs to show how we discover more about ancient civilizations. This groundbreaking book offers a fresh perspective on our past to inspire you to build a better future.