Home Style Cookery is the New York Times bestselling recipe-packed cookbook from Matty Matheson—star of Viceland’s It’s Suppertime and Dead Set On Life, and cast member of Hulu’s hit series The Bear—offering advice for the home cook who wants to be more creative and ambitious when cooking for family and friends.
This cookbook is Matty’s definitive guide to mastering your kitchen, covering everything from pantry staples (breads, stocks, and pickles) to party favorites (dips, fried foods, and grilled meats), to weeknight go-tos (stews, pastas, salads), and special occasion showstoppers (roasts, smoked meats, and desserts) in 135 of his absolute favorite recipes to cook for the people you love. Recipes include:
- Molasses Bread in an Apple Juice Can
- Beef and Bone Marrow Stock
- Kitchen Sink Salad
- Thanksgiving Stuffing Butternut Squash
- Seven-Layer Dip (the Tallest You’ve Ever Seen)
- Littleneck Clam Orecchiette
- Pho Ga
- Sichuan Newfoundland Cod
- Double Beef Patty Melt with Gruyere and Molasses Bread
- Fish Sticks with Kewpie Tartar Sauce
- Salt Crust Leg of Lamb and Yukon Golds with Creamed Spinach
- Texas-Style Prime Rib
- T-bone Steak and Fine Herb Chimichurri
- Lobster Thermidor with Bearnaise and Salt and Vinegar Chips
- And over 100 more!
Matty also offers his favorite desserts, like his wife Trish’s Chocolate Chip Cookies and Creme Caramel.
The home cook will be excited and delighted by Matty’s bold style of cooking. Along with beautiful photographs of Matty’s dishes and his farm, this one-of-a-kind cookbook is filled with signature recipes that are equal parts approachable and tasty.