Marvel Classic Black Light Collectible Poster Portfolio Volume 2
- Publication Date: October 18, 2022
- Imprint: Abrams ComicArts
- Trim Size: 20 x 30
- ISBN: 9781419763366
- Page Count: 24
- Illustrations: 12 color illustrations
- Rights: World English, with exclusions
Complete your collection of the Marvel Comics black light posters with volume two of the Marvel Classic Black Light Poster Portfolio, featuring 12 additional ready-to-frame reproductions of the original 24 posters, first published in 1971 by Marvel Comics and Third Eye, Inc.
The Marvel Super Heroes are back! Fans will light up with this second volume of the psychedelic, collectible portfolio featuring 12 frameable black-light posters of celebrated Marvel Comics characters, such as Spider-Man, Captain Marvel, Captain America, Doctor Strange, and Black Bolt, illustrated by legendary artists including Jack Kirby, John Romita Sr., Gil Kane, and more. Included in this second volume are 12 additional rare images from the original series of 24 posters, which were first printed in 1971 by Marvel Comics and the famed black-light publisher Third Eye, Inc.
The portfolio also features a brief history of Third Eye and their Marvel Comics black-light publishing program by historian and former Marvel editor in chief Roy Thomas, along with images of the original comic book art featured on the posters. This vibrant, far-out collection is perfect for fans who are looking to brighten their lives.
- 12 high-quality reproduction posters, ready-to-frame in standard 20" x 30" frame
- Printed in fluorescent inks for viewing in black light
- Packaged in a fully designed archival box for safe storing plus a self-mailer
- Brief history of the posters and the original comic book art by historian and former Marvel editor in chief Roy Thomas
Also available from Abrams Comic Arts: Marvel Classic Black Light Poster Portfolio (October 2021).
About the author
Roy Thomas has been a comic book writer and editor since 1965, primarily for Marvel Comics and DC Comics. Inducted into the Will Eisner Comic Book Hall of Fame in 2011, he currently edits Alter Ego magazine and writes the online Tarzan strips and the occasional comic book. Thomas is also the author of two definitive histories for Taschen—75 Years of Marvel Comics: From the Golden Age to the Silver Screen and The Stan Lee Story. He lives in rural South Carolina.