James Beard Award–winning author Janet Fletcher presents a wine country cookbook that celebrates sustainable garden-to-table dining.
Some of the tastiest California cooking today comes from wineries with edible gardens, and now you can take a visual tour of these magical culinary green spaces, peek inside the winery kitchens that reap the harvest, and bring sun-ripened flavors into your own home kitchen.
Gather: Casual Cooking from Wine Country Gardens showcases some of California’s most ambitious wineries’ culinary gardens and the fresh, wine-friendly dishes they inspire, all vividly captured by Janet Fletcher with photographs by Meg Smith.
Bring the garden to the plate with:
- A Heirloom Tomato and Peach Salad, served with Burrata or Golden Beet Gazpacho
- A glass of Sauvignon Blanc alongside Crostini with Garden Carrots, Goat Cheese, and Dukkah
- A platter of crisp spring vegetables with Caramelized Spring Onion Dip
- A fine California red wine with Spring Lamb Chops Scottadito with Charred Tomato and Black Olive Tapenade or Slow-Roasted Beef Short Ribs with Broccoli di Cicco and Farro
Luscious finales such as:
- Blood Orange Crème Brûlée
- Cheesecake with Blueberry Gelée
- Lemon Verbena Apricots with Olive Oil–Sea Salt Ice Cream
In more than 60 delicious recipes, Gather delivers the finest of California’s wine country to your door, demonstrating the creative ways that wineries use their garden bounty to please their guests and complement their wines.
Includes Color Photographs