An accessible and comprehensive encyclopedia of 1,000 deadstock sneakers––the originals produced for exclusive, limited-edition releases––by trendsetting sneakerhead and infamous reseller Larry Deadstock.
“Deadstock” refers to the originals: authentic, unworn sneakers that were produced for limited-edition releases, limited-run reruns, or pairs that have otherwise stopped being made. No longer available from the direct retailers, deadstock is the most desirable, exclusive, and valuable sneaker merchandise in existence, only available from select resell shops and websites such as Larry Deadstock’s.
In 1,000 Deadstock Sneakers, deadstock collector and infamous reseller Larry Deadstock teams up with streetwear journalist François Chevalier to dive deep into the origins, history, and trends of international sneaker culture. This book features:
- The origin story behind the first pair of Air Jordans
- Basketball legends LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, and Michael Jordan
- Groundbreaking designers such as Virgil Abloh
- Influential figures like Will Smith, Spike Lee, and Travis Scott
- Informative anecdotes from Larry Deadstock
- Original advertisements from Nike, Adidas, Air Jordan, New Balance, Rebook, Vans, and more
Complete with detailed research, historical context, and trend analysis on the aesthetic appeal of each style, this book explores the significance of the sneaker in fashion and culture today through 1,000 coveted deadstock sneakers of the last 50 years. This is a must-have reference text for sneakerheads and deadstock collectors; eye candy for sports fans, influencers, and all sneaker wearers; and an exploration of a rising phenomenon in fashion and streetwear for anyone interested in contemporary culture.
Includes Color Images