Comic-Con International 2017 Newsletter Sign-up Giveaway – Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. How to Enter. To enter the “San Diego Comic Con Newsletter Sign-up Giveaway 2017” (“Sweepstakes”), enter via signing up with a valid email address at the Abrams booth (#1216) at San Diego ComicCon 2017, located at the San Diego Convention Center: 111 W. Harbor Dr., San Diego, CA 92101. Read the Official Rules below. All entry information shall be collectively referred to herein as the “Submissions” or each as a “Submission.” Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this Sweepstakes in the event an insufficient number of entries are received that meet the minimum entry criteria.
All entrants must have a valid email address. Limit one (1) entry per person per day. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries, including Submissions, become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
- Start/End Dates. Sweepstakes begins 9:30:00 AM Pacific Standard Time on July 20, 2016 and ends at 5:00:00 PM Pacific Standard Time on July 23, 2016.
- Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia, who are 18 or older as of date of entry. Void outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Harry N. Abrams, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Sweepstakes materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within the United States or the District of Columbia. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Random Drawing/Odds. Four (4) winners (1 each day of San Diego ComicCon) will be selected in a daily random drawing from all eligible entries received from July 20-23, 2017. Winners will be notified on or about August 1, 2017. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the drawing. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
- Prizes. Four winners will receive 1 of each of the following: Steven Universe: Art & Origins (book), Spongebob Treasure Chest (book), Planet of the Apes: The Original Topps Trading Card Series (book), Kirby: Anniversary Edition (book), The Shape of Ideas (book), The Best We Could Do (book), Star Wars Classic Sticker Book (book), Spongebob Comics #1 (book), Spongebob Comics #2 (book), Spongebob Comics #3 (book), The Epic Crush of Genie Lo (book), and One Trick Pony (book) ; $206.66 ARV. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemption. In the case of unavailability of prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- Notification. Winners will be notified by email and may be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and/or rights transfer document within five (5) days of prize notification. If any winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity and rights transfer document must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian. If any winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Sweepstakes rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another Submission. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
- Conditions. Any and all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the entrant. Participation in Sweepstakes and acceptance of prize constitutes each winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, Submission and/or any statements made by each entrant regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants and winner agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified.
- Name of Winner. To receive the name of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by September 30, 2017 to: ABRAMS Marketing, 195 Broadway, New York, New York 10007.
- Sponsor. ABRAMS, www.abramsbooks.com 195 Broadway, New York, New York 10007.