A Guided Sketchbook for Creative Hand Lettering
- Publication Date: February 9, 2016
- Imprint: Abrams Noterie
- Trim Size: 8 11⁄16 x 9 13⁄16
- ISBN: 978-1-61769-193-5
- Page Count: 224
- Illustrations: 200 illustrations
- Rights: North America
Get ready to tap into the trend of hand-drawn lettering with Sketching Type!
Inside this guided sketchbook, you’ll find more than 50 inspirational exercises and creative prompts divided by type style—retro, futuristic, ornamental, and fun—to help generate ideas, encourage experimentation, and make practicing enjoyable. Each exercise is introduced with whimsical visuals and followed by three pages (some blank, some with templates) where you can practice and try out your own ideas.
- Filled with information about the history of type to inspire your own work
- A perfect balance of guided tutorial pages and blank sheets for practicing and doodling
- Paperback, landscape orientation of page allows plenty of room to sketch
About the author
Lee Suttey earned a master’s degree in graphic design and illustration from the University of Portsmouth, England. He works as a graphic designer under the name Visual Function_ and lives in Brighton.