Curated from the kitchen tables of people around the world, editor Laura Gladwin presents a joy-filled picture book collection of recipes and crafts that celebrates festivals and special holidays throughout the year, with illustrations by Dawn M. Cardona.
Celebrate at the tables of artists, designers, and chefs with this book that offers families the chance to share in a world of parties, festivals, and holidays. Each spread features a different holiday and offers a step-by-step recipe, a craft activity, a personal story, and different ways to observe the holiday, including:
With contributions from chefs such as Erin Gleeson and Joanne Chang; artists and authors including Dow Phumiruk and Queenie Chan; and designers such as Marta Veludo and Juliet Sargeant, Celebrate with Me! brings together personal stories and parties from around the world in a unique and engaging way that is sure to delight children and their families.
- New Year’s Day: Make Maqluba and Go for a New Year’s Nature Walk
- Holi: Cook Papri Chaat and Make Your Own Gulal
- Passover: Make Matzo Brei and Explore the Stories of Passover
- Mid-Autumn Festival: Make Moon Cakes and Create a Rabbit Lantern
- Winter Solstice: Bake Pineapple Upside-Down Cake and Make a Solstice Collage
“Bright, appealing illustrations feature a diverse group of people observing holidays . . . Builds curiosity through stories, activities, and questions.” —Kirkus Reviews
"Bright, appealing illustrations feature a diverse group of people observing holidays. . .Builds curiosity through stories, activities, and questions."Kirkus Reviews