The Antique Anatomy Tarot Kit
Deck and Guidebook for the Modern Reader
- Publication Date: September 10, 2019
- Imprint: Abrams Noterie
- Trim Size: 6 1⁄2 x 8 1⁄4
- ISBN: 9781419739149
- Page Count: 80
- Illustrations: 80-page book with color photographs throughout, 78 cards with color illustrations, foil-stamped box
- Rights: North America
A tarot kit for the modern mystic, creatively reimagined with antique botanicals and anatomical drawings.
Natural history meets spirituality in The Antique Anatomy Tarot, a deluxe boxed set of cards and guidebook by Claire Goodchild, owner of the design studio Black and the Moon. The foil-stamped keepsake box contains a 78-card tarot deck and an accompanying guidebook. The cards, which feature illustrations of vintage anatomical drawings collaged with plants and flowers, represent a fresh and creative interpretation of the tarot archetypes.
In the accompanying guidebook, Goodchild provides insightful descriptions of the meaning of every card. With beautifully styled photography and accessible text, she explains how to set up different types of readings—including Celtic Cross and Moon Cycle spreads—and clearly outlines the numerological, elemental, and astrological associations of the cards (powerful information to have at your fingertips when you are doing readings). Thoughtfully and beautifully conceived, The Antique Anatomy Tarot is an inspiring tool for spiritual and personal development.
- Hinged-lid keepsake box with foil stamping, a 78-card deck, and an 80-page guidebook
- Deck includes the complete Major and Minor Arcana, reinterpreted in unique full-color art
- Guidebook features full-color photography throughout
- Perfect for spiritual seekers who love plants, flowers, sculls, bones, elixirs, and antique ephemera
About the author
Claire Goodchild is an award-winning artist specializing in tarot and astrology. Her company, Black and the Moon, has been featured in Flare magazine, the acclaimed morning show BT Toronto, the AMEX 2017 Campaign, and Refinery 29. Goodchild was the 2016 Etsy Award winner in the illustration and paper category and her line of prints was carried exclusively by Urban Outfitters in 2016 and 2017. She lives in Toronto, Canada.