Marker Workshop (2 Books in 1)
Learn to Ink in 50 Experiments
Out of stock
- Publication Date: February 5, 2019
- Imprint: Abrams Noterie
- Trim Size: 8 x 8
- ISBN: 9781419733529
- Page Count: 248
- Illustrations: 144 color and 50 black-and-white illustrations
- Rights: World/All
Take your drawing, doodling, or lettering to the next level and explore the incredibly diverse medium of fine-tip markers with this two-book set (an instruction book and corresponding workbook). Follow along as artist Sasha Prood teaches all the skills you’ll need to create your own beautifully inked art.
- Begin with swatch tests and work your way up to more intricate compositions.
- Start with basic marks like hatching and stippling, and progress to more advanced marks like looping and ragging.
- Experiment with ink density to create unique textures.
- Learn to create gradients with different textures and colors.
- Play with contrasting texture and color to add depth to your designs.
The full-color instruction book is filled with step-by-step instructions, helpful hints, and stunning examples of marker art to inspire your own work. The corresponding workbook is printed on heavy-weight paper, so there’s no danger of bleed-through as you work your way through the fifty experiments.
Check out the other title in this series, Watercolor Workshop: Learn to Paint in 100 Experiments.
About the author
Sasha Prood, author of Watercolor Workshop, is an illustrator and graphic designer whose work has been featured in ELLE Interiors, Apartment Therapy, and Oh Joy! She lives in Brooklyn, New York.