Flowers 2022 Engagement Book
- Publication Date: September 7, 2021
- Imprint: Abrams Books
- Trim Size: 7 x 9
- ISBN: 978-1-4197-5509-5
- Page Count: 124
- Illustrations: 56 color images
- Rights: World
This spiral-bound weekly desk diary is filled with 56 blooms and bouquets from The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Take pleasure in a different flower every week of the year with this stunning 2022 engagement calendar from The Metropolitan Museum of Art. From O’Keeffe’s penetrating portrait of a hollyhock to Van Gogh’s bounteous bouquet of roses; from the gleaming gold background of Japanese screens featuring irises and morning glories to Monet’s paintings of his intimate acquaintances, the water lilies, immerse yourself in the world of flowers through the eyes of different artists.
Also included are paintings by Mary Cassatt, one of the few female Impressionist painters and Charles Porter, the first Black American artist to specialize in still life. All the works featured are from the world-renowned collection of The Met.
- Cover painting from a 19th century gilded Japanese screen
- Paperback with spiral binding
- Packaged in a sturdy, full-color gift box
- Opens to 14 inches wide x 9 inches high
- 12 months, from January 2022–December 2022
- Sunday–Saturday weeks
- Pages alternate between glossy for images and matte for calendar pages for ease of writing
- Generous grid with space to add appointments and reminders
- An identifying caption and a brief descriptive historical text accompany each work of art
- Widely celebrated and nationally recognized holidays and observances
- Moon phases, based on Universal Time
- 2022 and 2023 full year at-a-glance planners
- Lined pages to note special events and other occasions
- Printed on FSC-certified paper with soy-based ink
About the author
Founded in 1870, The Metropolitan Museum of Art is located in New York City’s Central Park, along Fifth Avenue. The Met presents over 5,000 years of art from every corner of the world.