Chihuly 2023 Weekly Planner
- Publication Date: August 30, 2022
- Imprint: Abrams Books
- Trim Size: 6 1⁄2 x 9 1⁄2
- ISBN: 9781419762758
- Page Count: 142
- Rights: World/All
Note important occasions and appointments with this 52-week engagement calendar featuring 70 luminous works by internationally renowned artist Dale Chihuly.
Dale Chihuly is known for his use of vibrant colors, dramatic compositions, and large-scale installations whose imaginative, organic forms continually inspire the viewer. Building on a centuries-old team approach to glassblowing, Chihuly has applied his vision as an artist to create some of the most groundbreaking glass sculptures in contemporary art. This weekly engagement calendar features stunning photography of 70 of his spectacular works.
- Page size: 6 1/2" x 9 1/2" (13" x 9 1/2" open)
- Hardcover with enclosed spiral binding
- Printed on FSC-certified paper with soy-based ink
- Spans 12 months from January–December 2023
- Monday–Sunday weeks
- Pages alternate between glossy for images and matte for calendar pages for ease of writing
- Generous grids with space to add appointments and reminders
- Widely celebrated and nationally recognized holidays and observances
- Moon phases, based on Universal Time
- 2023 and 2024 full year at-a-glance planners
- Lined notes pages to record special events and other occasions
- An identifying caption accompanies each work of art
- Biography about Dale Chihuly
About the author
Dale Chihuly is recognized as the most important artist working in the medium of glass. He has won numerous awards, and in 1986 became one of only four Americans to be honored by a one-man exhibition at the Louvre in Paris. Chihuly is cofounder of the Pilchuck Glass School outside Seattle, which draws students and teachers from around the globe.