LIGHTLARK PRE-ORDER GIFT WITH PURCHASE PROMOTION TERMS
ABRAMS (“Sponsor”) is offering the following promotional offers (“Promotion”) in connection with any pre-orders of Alex Aster’s (“Author”) novel entitled Lightlark in accordance with these Promotion Terms (“Terms”).
- Promotion Offer #1. OFFER BEGINS ON MAY 6, 2022 AND IS GOOD UNTIL 11:59:59 PM EASTERN TIME (“ET”) ON JUNE 5, 2022 OR WHILE SUPPLIES LAST (“PROMOTION PERIOD #1”), WHICHEVER OCCURS FIRST. ALLOW FOUR (4) WEEKS FOR DELIVERY BY EMAIL FROM 6/5/22. To receive an exclusive sneak peek to the first five (5) chapters of Lightlark (“Gift #1”), you must pre-order Lightlark from Sponsor or any retailer that allows pre-orders of Lightlark and complete the registration via the designated form on abramsbooks.com/lightlark during Promotion Period #1, including submitting proof of purchase. If you pre-ordered Lightlark prior to May 6, 2022, you may also redeem Promotion Offer #1 by following the steps above in accordance with these Terms, including submitting proof of purchase. Offer limited to residents of the fifty (50) United States and D.C., aged 13 or older. Limit of one (1) Gift #1 per person, regardless of the number of pre-orders made. Promotion Offer #1 is available ONLY while supplies last and is redeemable only in accordance with these Terms. In order to receive Gift #1, you will be required to include a valid email address via the above-mentioned registration form and have a NetGalley account, located at https://www.netgalley.com/auth/register, which is free. Gift #1 will be made available via a secure NetGalley widget and NetGalley terms and conditions apply. Gift #1 is for personal use only and you are not permitted to share, reproduce, adapt, edit, modify, transmit, distribute, sell, communicate, publicly perform, and/or otherwise use, exploit or post online or on social media Gift #1, or any elements contained therein, in any medium and any manner for any other purpose except for purposes of this Promotion in accordance with these Terms. In the event you violate these Terms, in addition to any other rights that Sponsor may have, Sponsor reserves the right to withhold or revoke any rights you may have to any gifts (including Gift #2) under these Terms. If you do not redeem this Offer within Promotion Period #1, you will not be entitled to receive Gift #1 even if you pre-ordered prior to Promotion Period #1. However, you may be eligible to receive Gift #2 provided you redeem Promotion Offer #2 prior to the end of Promotion Period #2.
- Promotion Offer #2. OFFER BEGINS ON MAY 6, 2022 AND IS GOOD UNTIL 11:59:59 PM ET ON AUGUST 22, 2022 OR WHILE SUPPLIES LAST (“PROMOTION PERIOD #2”), WHICHEVER OCCURS FIRST. ALLOW EIGHT (8) TO TEN (10) WEEKS FOR DELIVERY BY MAIL FROM 8/22/22. To receive a pack of six (6) free Page Overlays, which consists of six (6) unique character images from Lightlark (“Gift #2”), you must pre-order Lightlark from Sponsor or any retailer that allows pre-orders of Lightlark and complete the registration via the designated form on abramsbooks.com/lightlark during Promotion Period #2, including submitting proof of purchase. If you pre-ordered Lightlark prior to May 6, 2022, you may also redeem Promotion Offer #2 by following steps above in accordance with these Terms, including submitting proof of purchase. A valid mailing address must be provided to Sponsor in order to receive Gift #2. Offer limited to residents of the fifty (50) United States and D.C., aged 13 or older. Limit of one (1) Gift #2 per person, regardless of the number of pre-orders made. Promotion Offer #2 is available ONLY while supplies last and is redeemable only in accordance with these Terms. In the event you violate these Terms, in addition to any other rights that Sponsor may have, Sponsor reserves the right to withhold or revoke any rights you may have in Gift #2.
- General Conditions for Promotion #1 and Promotion #2 Offers (collectively, the “Offer”). No substitutions or cash redemptions except by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. Offer is not transferable. Offer cannot be combined with any other coupons or offers. Sponsor is not responsible for late, non-compliant, or misdirected requests. Receipt of Gift #2 will require a valid home street address. Requests from clubs or organizations and requests not complying with all Offer requirements will not be honored. Theft, diversion, reproduction, transfer, sale or purchase of this Offer is prohibited and constitutes fraud. Any fraudulent submission will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Offer is void if copied, transferred, sold, exchanged or expired. Offer is void if contains printing or other mechanical errors or is printed or produced in error, or if not obtained through authorized, legitimate channels, or if any part is defective, illegible, altered, duplicated, photocopied, reproduced, forged, counterfeited, defaced, mutilated or tampered with in any way. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Promotion should (in its sole discretion) non-authorized human intervention, epidemics, pandemics, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion. Void where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
By participating, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Author, any artists or other parties who contribute to Lightlark and/or this Promotion and their respective advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any liability, loss, claims or causes of action arising out of participation in the Promotion and/or receipt, use or misuse of the Offer or Gift(s), including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Promotion; (b) errors in the administration of the Promotion; (c) the processing, fulfillment or redemption of the Offer; (d) technical, mechanical or printing errors; and/or (e) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of a Gift, including, but not limited to, as a result of a NetGalley account. You further agree that in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. YOU WAIVE THE RIGHT TO CLAIM ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES.
- Disputes; Governing Law. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Terms, including, without limitation, the Offer. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms and/or the Offer shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, City of New York.
THESE TERMS AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Terms and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Terms and/or the Offer, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the County of New York in the State of New York. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
- Sponsored by: ABRAMS, 195 Broadway, New York, New York 10007.