Employment at ABRAMS
ABRAMS seeks talented individuals with a strong interest in book publishing. Individuals must be able to take initiative, be a team player and have excellent communications skills, both oral and written. Our professional positions range from editorial, graphic design, sales, marketing and publicity to finance and information technology.
for a position at ABRAMS, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Current openings at Abrams will also be listed on the following web sites: www.mediabistro.com or www.publishersmarketplace.com
ABRAMS is currently seeking to fill the following positions:
Digital and Social Media Marketing Associates – Adult and Children's Books (Two Positions)
ABRAMS seeks two dynamic digital marketers with a passion for great books and authors who will increase the online discoverability of either the children's or adult trade lists by designing and executing digital and social campaigns, curating and developing content for its website, and researching and presenting new ways for showcasing its books online.The ideal candidates will be creative, results driven "doers" with excellent communication skills and a strong design aesthetic, who live and breathe social media and digital marketing, and who thrive on finding new and exciting ways to bring attention to beautifully designed, artful, and interesting books.
In partnership with title marketers, the Digital and Social Media Marketing Associates will be responsible for the development, execution, and analysis of digital campaigns across all categories and imprints in either the Children's or Adult trade divisions at ABRAMS.
Please indicate in your cover letter whether you are applying for the Adult or Children's position.
Specific Responsibilities include:
· Collaborate with marketing department to develop and execute digital and social media campaigns, and track and communicate effectiveness.
· Utilize audience-centric marketing tools to maximize campaigns.
· Manage and grow social media presence through blog, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, Facebook, Pinterest, and other strategically relevant channels.
· Maintain social media calendar and develop timelines for author/title digital promotions.
· Content Creation: Write blog posts, articles, email newsletters, and social media posts; lead the creation of videos, trailers, and podcasts.
· Research and present new ways of showcasing books online and be responsible for maintaining a Digital FAQ for new authors, as well as educating the teams internally.
· Curate, plan, and feed marketing assets into Abrams website.
· Organize digital preorder campaigns, promotions, and contests.
· Events/public relations:Attend trade shows and author events and generate social media around them.
· Bachelors Degree
· 3-5 years digital marketing and publishing experience
· Excellent written, verbal, and analytic skills
· Ability to work individually and in a group setting
· Excellent knowledge of social media andcontent development
· Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop and HTML
· Knowledge of analytics, SEO and SEM a plus
ABRAMS seeks an organized, detail-minded oriented individual, with a strong interest in working in a fast-paced sales environment, to provide administrative support to the Director, Museum Sales & Distribution and the Director, Trade Sales. Individual will be responsible for supporting sales to independent and museum stores nationwide; supporting commission reps; helping to manage sales, marketing and publicity of distribution clients' lists; inputting title information into a database; preparing and maintaining season grids; coordinating preparation and organization of sales materials for sales reps; creating seasonal order forms; assisting in sales preparation for key accounts; coordinating the biannual sales conferences; and providing additional administrative support as required.
Qualifications include a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience; excellent English oral and written skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel. Previous publishing or bookstore experience a plus.